T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We print customer supplied goods. Our price list is set for tee shirt printing. Should we misprint a few shirts we replace them at $2.00 each. However, many items can cost 10 time the cost of a regular tee. If you misprint 2 items it can cost all of the profit for a particular job. Does anyone work with a formula that compensates for this imbalance?

· Registered
136 Posts
Longtime contract printer here, 3% reject factor, which we might have reached maybe a half dozen times over 30 years. Now if a screen tears and pours ink all over a few (on an auto) before you notice, you're a little stuck. But if you run out of ink in a screen, or don't have enough tack causing mis-registration, or some other thing, then that's on you. You can raise your prices a little too.

Steve

· Registered
79 Posts
I have schools that bring me their Nike garments to letter. I don"t deal with Nike anymore.
Congratulations! Your in the End User Business where Nike wants you. I am the finest printer
in my area and if your garment is misprinted, get another one and I will print it for free...
Just like it was when I used to sell you the garment. You take all the risk getting your garments lettered, Just like I used to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts