T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Im hoping someone can offer me some suggestions, i have turned on my heat press today and it wont heat up?? all the digital counters lights etc are working im baffled :confused: It was working fine yesterday anyone know anything about this problem? Hope to hear soon:)

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
Check to see if you have blown a fuse...what kind of printer? most will have a fuse or in the case of some older Hix..an inline fuse that you replace

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Sonia. Firstly check the fuses as Charles suggests. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then you need to unplug the machine from the supply and check that the wires that go from the digital controller to the heat plate are not loose. These will usually be a via a metal plug into the digital controller. The wiring at the heat plate will usually be hard wired into the platen, but you should not feel any real movement at that end.

If this does not resolve the problem, then it is likely that the heating element, or the temperature sensor within the heat plate is defective and will need replacing.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The fuse is probably the most likely problem. Also make sure your plug works, I know that sounds stupid, but I've done it before! If all else fails call the company you bought the press from, they can usually trouble shoot for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much for your replys and suggestions, tried the fuses not them, the wire going into the hotplate was a bit loose so thats been dealt with but still no go, so i have now ordered a new SSR25A relay hoping this will be the problem, Thanks again without your help i would'nt have known where to start?!!!:)

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
The fact that the macin lights up would tell me the fuse was ok. I would ask the service department to see if there is a reset feature. It could be the relay as you said. My question is can you btpass the relay to see if the platen heats up. This would allow you to know issue for sure. I suggest un plugging the power and check a;; connections to see if anything is loose. I hope this helps. ..... JB

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same issue ryt now. i dont know how to bypass or how to reboot if there is the machine. can please someone help me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts