T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a design that has an area of solid dark red, with some brighter red stripes on it (on a black t-shirt). The exact colours do not matter too much - as long as there is differentiation between the two reds.

Rather than printing using a white underbase, followed by a dark red ink, then a bright red ink - would it be possible to print the bright red as the underbase (and it will appear dark red on the black shirt), and then print the same bright red as stripes over the top of the red underbase? (and i am assuming these red strips will look brighter than the red underbase?)

Thoughts? :)

Cheers,
Kim

·
Registered
283 Posts
Without looking at the design . . . I would probably put a white underbase under the bright red part of the design and no underbase on the dark red that will definately give u a different contrast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - I'd be looking at a design such as this:

[media]http://www.kmaisch.com/temp/screenp.jpg[/media]
Note: this shows the progression of each screen...

Because there is white detail, I thought it might be better to print this over the top of the reds, rather than mask it out? Although this will be printed quite big (about 20cm high) so it might be OK masking...? (and save a third screen)

Kim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts