Does anyone know if the new software for the breeze is just available? Also for the "old" machines?
I have already asked 3 times the Kornit support, but I didn't received any information about.
the quick answer is "yes and no".
The long answer is:
- Kornit announced it few month ago.
- You cannot find it in the support page.
- We asked our local dealer and kornit support to try it and they installed it on a 5 years old Breeze.
- It works with windows 10, but we tested it only on Windows 7
- It works on older machines, but we did not test it yet on our oldest Breeze.
- The software solves some issues of the prev release, has some improvement, but also some brand new issues.
- The print quality is comparable to the prev release.
My personal opinion is:
The software is not 100% ready and the upgrade process could be tricky. This must be the reason why Kornit is not yet pushing this upgrade.
My suggestion is: wait. We upgraded only 1 Breeze put of 3 on month ago and we do not plan to upgrade the others in the next future, we prefere to test is a little bit more.