T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who has experience printing shirts for a breast cancer walk, or any related event, if you can recommend a tee shirt brand/style that is the right shade of pink.

I just got asked to do some shirts, and I'd like to make sure the shade is accurate.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
So many different Breast Cancer organizations and so many Walk/Run Events I am not sure their is a correct shade of pink. I print for two in the GA area and both of the designs are different. The only thing they have in common is the pink ribbon which happens to be different shades so I guess it would be best to look at the design from the sponsor and match the shirt to their logo.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
It is my understanding that the paler pink shirts of any tone are acceptable. as well as white with pink on them..

The darker fushia pink are for the cancer survivors themselves,,

I have just learned this recently,,
HOpe this helps

·
Registered
963 Posts
I just did an Event about a month ago for a 500 Breast Cancer Survivors. It was a picnic in the park where they all meet and greet. I used pale pink shirts so if fuschia is for survivors they sure didn't no. They picked the shirt, I just printed on it.

I also helped out on a 3k run for Survivors last year, they did not use fuschia either. I am going to look this up just for my own knowledge but if that is true I will steer them to the right color tee the next time.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I saw the info come across from the susan komen information to me ,
here is a website
Susan G. Komen for the Cure

also here are a couple pics,
they have changed the ribbon as well to have pale pink and fushia,,
and here are some pics of the shades they are using,
I now ask how many lt pink and how many fushia pink would you like,, I always make more light pink and about 1/4 for the survivors,,

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
I checked out the site but didn't see where Survivors wear Fuschia. The pictures didn't say it either. Maybe I skipped over it care to link to it. Also I did noticed that the ribbon was changed to a two tone pink for Suasn Komen but her event was not the one I covered. There is also the National Breast Cancer Foundation, American Cancer Society, Breastcancer.org Non profit, Breast Cancer Coalition, just to name a few. In the last 4 years including this year I have never used fuschia. The darkest I have used is Azalea. With so many different Breast Cancer Organizations that have Run/Walk events in Atlanta I usually stick to whatever color they ask for which is usually a light or pale pink. I have done two so far this year. I did not print any for the Komen Run/Walk last year which was on May 9th but I did volunteer to help clean up after the race. From what I saw it was a sea of white and various shades of pink.
So I guess to answer the OP's question why not just ask the customer what shade of pink they would like?

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
This year the Komen run/walk was last weekend May 8th. I have never printed for Komen, I print the shirts that the local corporate sponsor and their employees will wear. I have been for 6 years now, they tell me what color shirt and they give me the design. The color shirt this year was lt. pink with white/darker pink wording. I have never been told that fuschia was for survivors but that is good information to no. I agree with Tari that the original poster should just ask his customer what color shirts they would like. Much easier!

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I checked out the site but didn't see where Survivors wear Fuschia. The pictures didn't say it either. Maybe I skipped over it care to link to it. Also I did noticed that the ribbon was changed to a two tone pink for Suasn Komen but her event was not the one I covered. There is also the National Breast Cancer Foundation, American Cancer Society, Breastcancer.org Non profit, Breast Cancer Coalition, just to name a few. In the last 4 years including this year I have never used fuschia. The darkest I have used is Azalea. With so many different Breast Cancer Organizations that have Run/Walk events in Atlanta I usually stick to whatever color they ask for which is usually a light or pale pink. I have done two so far this year. I did not print any for the Komen Run/Walk last year which was on May 9th but I did volunteer to help clean up after the race. From what I saw it was a sea of white and various shades of pink.
So I guess to answer the OP's question why not just ask the customer what shade of pink they would like?

I agree too, guys,, so many choices out there now,,
We just need to ask what they want.
If you guys get any more info on this ,, this will be a good thread to keep going,, thank for starting it..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts