T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I am so impressed with this site. I'm new and have been doing some research on who, what and how I can brand my logo. I'd like to brand my logo through T's, hats, and other wearables. In researching suppliers, I'm coming across some roadblocks. I'd like to try and stay local, of course American made, have an organic line, etc. I am not a screen printer or embroiderer. I am the owner of a new company with a logo I'd like to brand with different tag lines so I'll be purchasing blank items and sending them to the printers, then off to my clients who are store fronts, beach shops, and the like. In researching, I've found that I cannot purchase blank items if I am not a printer. I have to go through a printer/embroiderer. Then I read a post somewhere here that it's expensive to have a one-stop-shop, if you will. It's best to go direct and find you own suppliers. So I'm running in bit of a circle. I know exactly what lines of wearables I'd like, I'm just wondering how I can do this the right way. Yep, I'm a newbie, but I'm having a blast! Thank you for any insights!

·
2,957 Posts
Welcome!
WearitCentral said:
I've found that I cannot purchase blank items if I am not a printer. I have to go through a printer/embroiderer.
Where did you get this from?

There a lots of places to purchase blanks and you definitely don't have to be a printer.

Some places may require you to have a state resale number or tax id number, but there are lots that don't require either.

I won't try to name all of the various companies that you can purchase blanks from, but if you read through the "wholesale t-shirt" section of the forum, there are lots of discussions about where to purchase blanks.

Here are a few for you in the mean time:

www.americanapparel.net

www.royalapparel.net

www.bestblanks.com

www.proclubinc.com

www.blankshirts.com

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
In researching, I've found that I cannot purchase blank items if I am not a printer
This is incorrect. Anyone can purchase blank t-shirts from places like cheapestees.com, blankshirts.com, etc.

To get true wholesale pricing, you will need a resale license (sellers permit) from your state. Then you can contact companies like sanmar.com, alphashirt.com, etc and buy the blanks wholesale.

The thing is, you don't really need to buy blanks and then send them to a printer (unless you're sure that your printer can't get the style you want). In my opinion, it's just adding one unnecessary step to the process, since your printer is already setup with a wholesale account at most places. They can buy the blanks and handle the printing all in one step. This also helps in the case of misprints, because a printer who is supplying the blanks will usually get enough to cover misprints, whereas, if you buy the blanks and there is a misprint, you may be short on your order. Misprints happen.

hen I read a post somewhere here that it's expensive to have a one-stop-shop, if you will. It's best to go direct and find you own suppliers.
I don't think this is true at all. I actually believe the opposite. I think it's much easier to find a good screen printer/embroiderer to work with and use them for all your needs (sourcing blanks, priting shirts, relabeling the shirts, etc). A lot of time people get cought up trying to source suppliers/vendors/printers that they take an extra long time to get the shirts printed up.

I prefer to just go to my printer, say "hey, can you get me some of these t-shirts I saw. I want to put this design on them". He'll say, "yep, let me setup a wholesale account with them (if he doesn't already have the wholesale account setup), and I'll get you the pricing in a bit".

Sometimes there is a few bucks to be saved by sourcing your own wholesale garments, but after you add shipping/misprints/etc, I'm not sure it's always worth it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank yo so much for your help. And so quickly! I kinda thought I was going about it the right way at first, going through my embroiderer/printer, but then she actually said I should do it myself and save money. So I called this place that's in my area and they said I couldn't have an account with them because they don't want to take work away from their accounts. Then I just got confused.
But, better news, I did find a local guy, real nice and loves my idea. I'm meeting with him on Thursday. Very exciting. Thank you again. I'll keep you posted on my progress and hopefully will have a T-Shirt to post in the gallery soon!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts