T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
154 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
I would say a good site for business user ie. large numbers for corporate workwear or maybe some one who wants shirts printed for resale. not to sure how and end user would view this site. hope this makes sence..

not too sure what alvin is referring to when he says bragging!?!?

maybe some more imagery and some more color would help alot?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would say a good site for business user ie. large numbers for corporate workwear or maybe some one who wants shirts printed for resale. not to sure how and end user would view this site. hope this makes sence..

not too sure what alvin is referring to when he says bragging!?!?

maybe some more imagery and some more color would help alot?
Thanks for the input! We're planning on adding some photographs and implementing them throughout the site. Since we're pretty new, we don't have an online terminal where people can actually pay for their shirts. We would send them a bill for their order. This gives us the ability to design their shirts and get approval and payment before production.

Do you think this will cause a problem for the consumer?

· Registered
2,907 Posts
It is a good start but it does need some work. When desigining try not to use more than 3 fonts. You have too many fonts and it takes away from the page. The yellow banner in the scroll menu clashes against the yellow 24 hour guarantee banner, I suggest changing one of the colors. I also think you need to slow down the banner as it is moving too fast and a visitor can hardly read it before it has changed to the next one. Nail down your color scheme. The colors are not complementing each other to me, you are all over the place with the colors. 1% Humanity Member...what does that mean? I can guess what it means but don't leave it up to guessing, tell the customer. If it means 1% discount then say that. Everyone is not as passionate about malnutrition in Nepal so don't slap potential customers in the face with it. If I were going to use your services it would not be because part of the proceeds are donated. It would be mainly because you produce quality work for a reasonable price so promote that more than your charity. The good work you do in Nepal maybe add that to a blog or something on your site.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Katrina

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a good start but it does need some work. When desigining try not to use more than 3 fonts. You have too many fonts and it takes away from the page. The yellow banner in the scroll menu clashes against the yellow 24 hour guarantee banner, I suggest changing one of the colors. I also think you need to slow down the banner as it is moving too fast and a visitor can hardly read it before it has changed to the next one. Nail down your color scheme. The colors are not complementing each other to me, you are all over the place with the colors. 1% Humanity Member...what does that mean? I can guess what it means but don't leave it up to guessing, tell the customer. If it means 1% discount then say that. Everyone is not as passionate about malnutrition in Nepal so don't slap potential customers in the face with it. If I were going to use your services it would not be because part of the proceeds are donated. It would be mainly because you produce quality work for a reasonable price so promote that more than your charity. The good work you do in Nepal maybe add that to a blog or something on your site.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Katrina
Thanks Katrina, awesome advice. We'll make some changes accordingly. Just to clear up the 1% for Humanity issue, that's actually a new non-profit that promotes companies who donate "at least 1% of their revenue every year." It's a great concept that encourages giving back.

I'll work on some of the color schemes and fonts. As well as work something out as far as a blog about NepalNutrition.

Thanks again.

· Registered
1,505 Posts
I think you've made a classic mistake that a lot of businesses that choose to donate a percentage of their profits to charity make, which is to emphasize the donation and downplay the business. When someone comes to your site, they're looking to get some sort of printing done. My guess is, for most people, that the charitable donation will be a nice side benefit, but it won't be what makes them decide to work with you or not.

Right now your Our Story page focuses more on the charitable giving then it does on what your experience is and how you can help your clients who are looking for shirts. You have to go to the free quote page to see the types of shirts you offer and what can be done. Most people won't bother to do that. They want to see that information before they request a quote. You FAQ's do give more information, but they're way at the end of the menu, which is itself at the bottom of the page.

Basically you're not giving people the information they need to have to decide whether they want shirts from you. I also have to agree that you went wild with the fonts on the front page. I don't think it works as well as it could. You also overemphasize the 1% for Humanity thing. While that's a nice thing and a good thing, it's not the most important thing to someone who is looking to buy a t-shirt. You can't give away profits if you're not making any, so I'd say you should look at the site from the point of view of someone who wants to purchase t-shirts, not someone who is interested in charitable giving. If you do that, I'm guessing you'll emphasize different things.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Just my 2 cents worth.

Katrina

Thanks Katrina! I the advice really helps. Just to clear up the 1% for humanity thing, it's a non profit that promotes businesses that donate at least 1% of their revenues to charity every year. It's an awesome organization to be a part of.

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
One of the worst things you can do is take a full scale image and size it down as a preview. Your pages will be very slow loading. GT Screenprinting - Free Instant Quote I'm talking about the shirt. That's a full size image that takes just as long to load as if you had the larger one on there. You put a lot of those throughout your site, it slows everything down. I have a 6.0 download speed and I still saw it loading the image. You want preview images and link them to the larger image, it will make your site run faster.

Most people, including myself, will leave a site quickly if it takes too long to load. I know you don't have other areas this way, but you mentioned something about adding images.

· Registered
213 Posts
I agree ... the red and yellow colors together are too bright and distract you from the info. Also the yellow background on the quote page hurts my eyes and I can't read with the yellow on the screen for very long. The other pages with the white background under the text are much easier to read.

Maybe change the color scheme to something without such high contrast colors. Here is a great website to see lots of color combos in action ... www.colorcombos.com
I use it all the time when I'm designing. Green and yellow go good together (maybe make the yellow lighter so it's not so mustardy). And a darker red (darker than what is on your website) goes really well with a turquoise blue color.

Definitely more pictures of your product, your shop, yourself would make your existence more real.

· Registered
2,907 Posts
Crystal you were just suggesting a site that might be helpful to the poster and unless it is your own site (Which you said it wasn't) then that is not self promoting. Sickpuppy we can not see your post as you stated it has already been deleted so we won't no what the issue was.

But as long as you do not place your own URL in the post (must be in your signature) or solicit business then I believe you are good to go.

Oh and to the original poster here is another site that can help you out with the color scheme http://www.colorschemer.com/

Katrina

· Registered
52 Posts
I'm no expert on website design but it does seem a little basic and boring. The sections do what they need to though. I noticed some good pricing on your services from browsing though. Good luck with your business.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.