T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ray and I am VERY new to this whole t-shirt printing process. I have been day dreaming for the past year or so about making my own t-shirts but never put much thought into it. Just recently I decided that I really want to make my own t-shirts for myself. As for right now I'm not worried about having a logo/company name and all of that. I would want to start my own company eventually printing shirts for others after I understood the process more in depth though. I haven't bought any equipment or anything, just doing as much research as I can until I can save up the money to get started. I have heard that Craigslist is a good place to buy a used heat press transfer machine. I don't have any adobe illustrator experience so I guess I would have to pay a graphic designer to make the designs for me. Anyone have any beginner tips for success? Where to buy quality shirts from, quality screen transfers and how much should I expect to save to get started? I figured around $2000.

Thanks a lot!

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out this place for some entry level screen equipment: SST Supply Store

For graphic design, start with InkScape. InkScape is free (open source) and can do vector tracing of bitmap images. You can download it now and start using it at Draw Freely. | Inkscape

When you grow, you can go to Corel or Illustrator.
OK thank you! I will check that out right now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.