T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just got my DTG Kiosk printer the other day. I have it set up and have printed a couple of things on white T's but have not tried black or color T's. I am trying to figure this out as I go, as I will not be able to attend class until Feb. and don't want to waitto use this machine. I did not get the quick start to print manual, so again trial and error. I am having trouble getting a good color, it is faded and washed out looking, I have the printer set as it is supposed to be with vived color for a white, but it is still very light, and I don't know what to set my CMYK color on. I am printing out of corel. Any help and/or helpful tips about anything on this machine would be greatly appreciated. Kim

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kim. When you go to training be sure to ask lots of questions about maintaining the machine. Ask how to take everything apart and what parts are important to keep super clean. It appears you have bought into the white ink system if I read right. White ink issues have been written about many times on this forum so do a search. Or maybe one on print heads.

As far as you color issues, are you doing two passes or one. What is your resolution settings. There are many things that can affect the color density, even changing to a different color. A red may look washed out but add some cyan or black with the red and it prints richer on the garment.

Enjoy the forum. You'll find many useful people here.

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
Congrats on your machine Kim :) yes if you tell us what resolution you are printing it will help us to help you. I for one enjoy my white ink, but you are smart learning your machine before you jump into it, as it is alot to learn all in itself, but can be very rewarding once you fully understand it :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks so much for the heads up. I am hoping I am not in over my head. But as for this learning print I'm tryng to do, I am printing with 1 pass and at a 720 X 720. I also am not sure I have my colors set correctly, as for RGB I have some letters and 1953 and CYMK is none???????

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the encouragement, I need it! I am printing at 720 X 720 and I have the RGB colors set at somethng 1953 and CMYK at none?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts