T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all
First time on here
i have been doing heat transfer with a epson 1280 with bulk ink sytem,really have to babysit every page printed out to watch for banding and other problems all summer for race car drivers at local track and doing pretty good.sold probally a 1000 shirts,problems is this is taking way too much time and some guys still want like 30 shirts but some want only 10.
my Question is how would this screen print deal work for me as many designs i have done are full of color and letting and pictures of cars.
geuss i am just totaly stupid to this and would like any info like
1.were is good place to get a machine and cost from small to large enough from 20 to 200
2.do you have to put each shirt on the machine by hand and is it hard have to make sure it on straight on what
3.heard its a big deal to clean up true?
4.I know one shirt company that prints out race shirts and teh ink last long time what are some good supplies of ink
5.how much room you need to do this ?
well sorry for any spelling or grammer mistakes i type too fast
and thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I've never done screen printing, but here's what I know. It's very expensive to get started in; we're talking several thousand here, not only a few hundred. I have also heard it can get very mess and be a pain to clean up, has a pretty high learning curve (you'll screw up more shirts than you did starting heat transfer, most likely), and you'll probably need all of a medium-sized room to do it (could be a garage or something).

In screen printing you have to do each and every color seperately, so it can be pretty hard to do full-color prints. You will either need to reduce the colors in your designs or try to do some color blending techniques (which are fairly hard, from what I've heard).

·
Registered
30 Posts
From my understanding you can get a good screen printing set up for around $1,000...so I don't think the start up prices are that high...

·
Registered
86 Posts
schaefer said:
1.were is good place to get a machine and cost from small to large enough from 20 to 200
2.do you have to put each shirt on the machine by hand and is it hard have to make sure it on straight on what
4.I know one shirt company that prints out race shirts and teh ink last long time what are some good supplies of ink
well sorry for any spelling or grammer mistakes i type too fast
and thanks for any help
Hi schaefer, Nice to meet you.

My name is Jamie and I've been in the Biz almost 20 years. I will answer your questions in the order you asked them.

Did a quick search online and came across this It's an All-in-one solution for $2145.00 I AM BY NO MEANS saying this is your best solution I simply searched google with "used manual screen printing press" do some research and see what you can find out. You are gonna need A flash dryer, shirt dryer, Screens, Mesh, Exposing unit, Inks, Wash out booth, and a host of other bells and whistles to get rolling.

Yes it's still a one-at-a-time process but the quality and durability of plastisol (screen printing ink) will make your customers very happy in the long run

No bigger than any other part of the process. Click here and then scroll down to the link that reads "Click here to see what we do for free" for an idea of the process. Keep in mind this is a very "simple" explanation of the process.

4.I know one shirt company that prints out race shirts and the ink last long time what are some good supplies of ink

We use Genesis series by Wilflex available at any screen printing supply house.

You can get by in a room the size of a one car garage. Plumbing is a plus.

I hope this helps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts