T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new heat press off ebay.
Here's a link of what i got:

New 15" X 15" CLAMSHELL HEAT PRESS T-SHIRT Digital TRANSFER SUBLIMATION MACHINE

It arrived, I set the appropriate temperature and time for the vinyl i use and when i pop the heat press open and peal warm (as per instructions) the graphic comes up with the carrier.
we played with the pressure settings and now when i clamp it, wait the allotted amout of time, and go to open it, it takes everything in me to open the press because it's clamped so tightly.
Same problem, the graphic dosn't seem to want to stay.

I increased the pressure even more, and put the heat press on the ground so i can use my whole body to open it.
Now the graphic stays, but when i stretch the fabric, edges peel up and dosn't look as nicely as i'd like it to.

This is not my first time using a heat press, this is not my first time using this vinyl and graphics, but it is my very first time buying a brand new heat press.....
Is there something i'm forgetting/doing wrong?

I kinda figured a heat press is a heat press, it's a pretty simple straight forward machine.
The ones i've used in the past has a pillow like pad on the bottom plate with a teflon sheet wrapped around it.... this one has a loose thick rubber pad. That's the only difference i'm seeing.....

any suggestions?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was using a heat press at work with Stahl's Goof proof screen printed transfers. Following all recommended instructions. The graphics worked just fine with another heat press, but are not sticking properly with the new heat press.
Also have Glitter Vinyl made by stahls as well, same problem.

· Registered
1,521 Posts
I was using a heat press at work with Stahl's Goof proof screen printed transfers. Following all recommended instructions. The graphics worked just fine with another heat press, but are not sticking properly with the new heat press.
Also have Glitter Vinyl made by stahls as well, same problem.
you need to test if you got hot spots just like Splathead told you. If heat press doesn't warm on some area, the design will not stick to the fabric like it should. Is problem always on the same spots?

maybe try to rotate t shirt and press again for test?(double pressing t-shirt)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.