T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
Re: Brain Wave T-Shirts Incorporated

Are you talking about "brain waves" or an image of a brain? I've had an MRI (magnetic resonance image) done of my brain, and let me tell you, it is one of the most terrible experiences you could imagine. Your entire body is put into a giant machine. You are slid into a very tight hole, and you cannot move. Your head is in a brace, if you are having an MRI on your head. Mine was about 40 minutes long, and involved the injection of radioactive dye into my arm. The first load went out the other side of my vein, and was excruciatingly painful. :eek: One wrong twitch and you start from scratch. For their personal safety and for the accuracy of the image, the technicians leave the room for the length of the test (except for the dye injection, which in this case was half way through, and my head didn't come out of the monster). Loud booms, bangs and clanks happen all around you, as you are bombarded by super-strong magnetic forces. The torture is compounded by the fact that if you are having an MRI on your brain in the first place, it is for a very serious reason. Many, many people, including my GF's dad, freak out in there and have to end the test before it's completed. Each one of these machines cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. I've had more than one MRI (one for a labral tear "yup, it's torn, nope, we can't fix it), and getting the bill is no treat.

So, I'm not a fan of this idea, no ma'am, I'm not.

Now, if it were just brain waves...wiggly lines done by pasting electrodes to the head, it would still cost a fortune, but not nearly as much, and would not be nearly as terrifying or unhealthful. I wouldn't really want a shirt of static wavy lines though. I give you an A+ for originality though.;)

· Registered
128 Posts
If you were really to do this, I'd think you'd want to get the stuff as colorful as possible. You'd also need some way to really make sure they all look different, so that the customers really think they're getting something unique to themselves, rather than what could be seen as an almost randomly generated abstract image.

Here's one idea; you could have some sort of outline (say of a head, or a brain, or an alligator, or whatever), and the customer could choose it. The colorful brain waves would be contained within the outline. So basically, if you had the square image of the brain waves, you could then digitally put another layer with a negative cutout shape OVERTOP of the brain scan.

I hope that makes sense.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.