T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys/dolls,

I have this Idea for a t-shirt store.

Peeps would come in, i would have one of those machines that takes pictures of your brain (dont know what they are called) as they listen to the store music pumping in the background (since it effects your brain), then print the Brain Wave picture of their Brain (full color) on a shirt. Maybe add their Brain-Name to it. Like Brano-Max, or ????? . lol

Is this too far out ?
Would you check out a store like this ?

The store front could be of a big brain......

·
Registered
120 Posts
Re: Brain Wave T-Shirts Incorporated

Are you talking about "brain waves" or an image of a brain? I've had an MRI (magnetic resonance image) done of my brain, and let me tell you, it is one of the most terrible experiences you could imagine. Your entire body is put into a giant machine. You are slid into a very tight hole, and you cannot move. Your head is in a brace, if you are having an MRI on your head. Mine was about 40 minutes long, and involved the injection of radioactive dye into my arm. The first load went out the other side of my vein, and was excruciatingly painful. :eek: One wrong twitch and you start from scratch. For their personal safety and for the accuracy of the image, the technicians leave the room for the length of the test (except for the dye injection, which in this case was half way through, and my head didn't come out of the monster). Loud booms, bangs and clanks happen all around you, as you are bombarded by super-strong magnetic forces. The torture is compounded by the fact that if you are having an MRI on your brain in the first place, it is for a very serious reason. Many, many people, including my GF's dad, freak out in there and have to end the test before it's completed. Each one of these machines cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. I've had more than one MRI (one for a labral tear "yup, it's torn, nope, we can't fix it), and getting the bill is no treat.

So, I'm not a fan of this idea, no ma'am, I'm not.

Now, if it were just brain waves...wiggly lines done by pasting electrodes to the head, it would still cost a fortune, but not nearly as much, and would not be nearly as terrifying or unhealthful. I wouldn't really want a shirt of static wavy lines though. I give you an A+ for originality though.;)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Swing Easy said:
Now, if it were just brain waves...wiggly lines done by pasting electrodes to the head, it would still cost a fortune, but not nearly as much, and would not be nearly as terrifying or unhealthful. I wouldn't really want a shirt of static wavy lines though. I give you an A+ for originality though.;)
Yeekz :eek:

No, I was not thinking of setting up a Neurolagy Unit if thats what you mean.

This would be a very simple FUN Colorful concept. LIKE the mood rings for example, everyone one time or another has paid $ 9.95 for a mood ring. You know, like when you go on that special date to the Fair.

I was thinking more of a heat sensor area in the store so when you stand there youR colors ( TRIPPY like) are displayed on a HD BIG screen in the store. The customer would also be able to customize the graphic with text on keyboard.

It would then out-put a transfer of it and print it on a shirt. You would also get a little card like with the mood rings, describing the colors etc and moods and so on......

What do you think ?

·
Registered
179 Posts

Interesting idea. Even though it might sound crazy or weird to some, it will get people to think.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
I think if you figured out a "fun" way to do a "brain scan" and worked the marketing side of it right, it could turn into a decent size novelty type store. Not sure about the longevity of it, but as you say, people buy mood rings and date compatibility tests (although the cost to entry for those things is lower than a retail store front).

My first thought when I read your post was the same as Harley's. Getting a brain scan doesn't sound like a fun procedure (from my high expertise watching medical tv shows like House ;))

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
What this reminds me of is people who do like 'Aura Photographs' or 'Aura Portraits', at places liike New Age/Metaphysical fairs. I don't really know anything about how they actually do those, but people definitely like to have them done!

Basically, you're giving them something that is in some way unique to them specifically - putting something in that vein on a t-shirt could definitely work too. If you can explain why the brain scan (or whatever) looks the way it looks, all the better (and the more of a service is provided that you can charge for).

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so I'm not crazy. :D

like I said, a simple heat sensor that would generate a trippy full color dessign/image on an Moster TV in the store, the customer would then be able to customize the Auto Generated Design by adding text on a keybord themselfs.

Also add more Blank options etc...

Now I'm thinking multiple Mall location deals (Khiosk type), low rent/square foot deal.

Keep the Ideas comming.....

·
Registered
120 Posts
If you were really to do this, I'd think you'd want to get the stuff as colorful as possible. You'd also need some way to really make sure they all look different, so that the customers really think they're getting something unique to themselves, rather than what could be seen as an almost randomly generated abstract image.

Here's one idea; you could have some sort of outline (say of a head, or a brain, or an alligator, or whatever), and the customer could choose it. The colorful brain waves would be contained within the outline. So basically, if you had the square image of the brain waves, you could then digitally put another layer with a negative cutout shape OVERTOP of the brain scan.

I hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
34 Posts
sounds weird - crazy & a bit off - i bet people would love it!! LOL people are always into odd things like that - but you need to think of your target audience and make sure your shop is placed somewhere that it will attact them - cuz it is a specialized sort of novelty...

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
New and Improved Brain Wave T-Shirts Idea. :)

ok, so i find out from my friend that owns a store here on college street called " Flavour Hall " that she had a mobile unit do this at a Music Event in town. Various music artists played and peeps got t-shirts made on the spot. Funky graphic transfers printed out how their brains reacted to music sound,beats and vibe. They pressed the transfer on shirts on the spot.

So, this Idea I has been done before. ...darn! :(

Here is the new spin.
Do you think that this could be done as an interactive custom t-shirt software online ?
May be even thru Cafe Press or something ?
...or Im I still dreaming an unrealistic idea with Zero market ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts