T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What printer do you have and how long have you had it? Do you print on dark shirts? I'm in the market for a machine and want feedback on what you use. I just want to read the good things, not problems you had or lack of tech support. I wanna know what's good.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Hi Shane,

I run a Fast T-jet2 that I bought 2-3 years ago now. After switching to Belquette bagged white ink (CMYK is still bottled), we don't have any troubles. It has been a work horse and has made us pretty good money.

If I had to do it all over again here is what I personally would do now, knowing what I know: I would buy a used T-jet2 or Kiosk II used from eBay and fully refurb it myself. But that is just me, not to mention I am very mechanically and electronically inclined.

If you are in the market for a brand new machine I don't have any experience. But if I had a lot of surplus money and were looking at new I would look toward Brother DTG machines. The reason is because their machine is all of their own technology and not based off from Epson printers. Don't get me wrong, Epson makes the best printers. But to purchase a brand new DTG machine then I would look for something that is TRULY commercial grade and not a dissected Epson printer put into a new shell. Kornit is another one that comes to mind, Epson based?.... I don't know.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Hi Shane,

I run a Fast T-jet2 that I bought 2-3 years ago now. After switching to Belquette bagged white ink (CMYK is still bottled), we don't have any troubles. It has been a work horse and has made us pretty good money.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Good Luck!
Thank you, we put a great deal of effort into our ink process that took some time to perfect.
Glad its working well for you!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I purchased a Mod1 from Belquette this past weekend and could not be happier.

Print quality is outstanding, software is intuitive and easy to use, maintenance is an absolute breeze.

The training provided by Belquette staff was a nice added touch. Upon getting the machine home, I was printing shirts within an hour. I've printed 150 shirts in the past 3 days with no miscues whatsoever.

Needless to say, I am thrilled with my machine.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rodney, I looked at that post and there is a load of good info there. I just wanted the straight nitty gritty. Wanted to see who chimed in. Generally, someone proud of the equipment they use isn't afraid to continually talk about it. I been seeing lots of good stuff about the NeoFlex and some good comments on the Mod1. Not many people mention anything else except Brother and Anajet. However not too much is said about Brother and I know they just released a new machine. I originally wanted to get an Anajet, but I have read more negative than possitive, which is sad because I was really leaning towards an mp5.

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
I just wanted the straight nitty gritty.
What exactly do you mean by the straight nitty gritty? Seems like all the answers you need are in that thread straight from the owners (of various machines) mouths :)

But, I mainly wanted to point you (and others who may be looking for similar info) to the existing thread in case you missed it. No harm in having more information out there :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.