T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Hix HT400D I bought used and have a question on closing it. When I don't have a shirt on it, it shuts and stays shut on it's own. But when I put a shirt on it, it won't stay shut on it's own. I have to hold it while it presses. I've tried adjusting the pressure and that didn't seem to work. Is there some way to adjust the bottom platen lower so that it stays shut while pressing or some other thing I don't know? I didn't get a manual unfortunately. Thanks.

Edit: In playing around, it seems like it stays shut if the collar isn't on the platen. But if the collar is on the platen or on the edge, it slowly opens, I'm assuming because the thickness of the collar. But it seems preferable to me to have the collar at least partially on the platen so I can more easily judge where to place the transfer. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Chris, It sounds like you still might have to back off on the pressure a bit. However, i haven't heard off this problem before, especially if the press is locking down into place. You might also call Hix technical support to see if this is something they are familiar with.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts