T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this piece of junk on ebay
(15X15 SUBLIMATION DIGITAL HEAT PRESS MACHINE TRANSFER | eBay)

I am thinking after reading comments from Ed from proworld that maybe it's because it's a sublimation press and not applying enough pressure? (All of my transfers on JPSS paper are coming out horribly uneven/faint).

So I am returning this, which I am kicking myself over, because I have to pay return shipping for this piece of crap and then turn around a buy a new one...

So now I am thinking of buying the transpro 15x15 instead.

That will definitely work with JPSS paper, yes?

· Registered
105 Posts
I'm a proponent of buying something made in the USA. But before you toss it back, why not get a cheap IR temp gauge and see if the temperature is anywhere near accurate. Seems more likely that's the problem as your machine should allow for some pressure adjustment unless the two plates are not flat.

If it turns out to be something you can adjust for, it should suffice until you can buy a decent unit.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm a proponent of buying something made in the USA. But before you toss it back, why not get a cheap IR temp gauge and see if the temperature is anywhere near accurate. Seems more likely that's the problem as your machine should allow for some pressure adjustment unless the two plates are not flat.

If it turns out to be something you can adjust for, it should suffice until you can buy a decent unit.

I did speak to the company who sold it to me, and they said the way their press heats up it is a coil around the entire platen and therefore the temperature is always constant. I think it's more of the lack of pressure, because when I was testing it and mistakenly put the image towards the collar of the shirt, the only part that pressed successfully was the collar (due to the increased thickness) .. but at that time I had it on the heaviest pressure, so for a thin teeshirt, it's been a no go every single time.

· Registered
408 Posts
Just bought this piece of junk on ebay
(15X15 SUBLIMATION DIGITAL HEAT PRESS MACHINE TRANSFER | eBay)

I am thinking after reading comments from Ed from proworld that maybe it's because it's a sublimation press and not applying enough pressure? (All of my transfers on JPSS paper are coming out horribly uneven/faint).

So I am returning this, which I am kicking myself over, because I have to pay return shipping for this piece of crap and then turn around a buy a new one...

So now I am thinking of buying the transpro 15x15 instead.

That will definitely work with JPSS paper, yes?
It's not a great heat press, but it being a "sublimation" press has nothing to do with it. I think the seller was adding that to the description so that people would know what it was for. There is no such thing as a Sublimation heat press, just a heat press.

It sounds like you are doing it wrong. What printer are you using? Inks? Is you time/temperature/pressure correct? Are you printing on the correct side of the paper? (Sorry about this question, but it DOES happen)

As JohnWisc recommended, get yourself a IR Temp Gauge and check it yourself. If it is broken return it, if not, they probably will not accept it back and you will be out your return shipping & the cost of the machine.

· Registered
9,603 Posts
Sounds like problems with even pressure or heat. We call handles like that a paddle handle and it is not heavy duty. the adjustment knob at the rear requires more pressing effort. Such design usually spells a lower end press.

For clam type press look for one with a handle like this(below) and with the adjustment knob at the center of the platen.

Among the cheaper presses, sunie and gecko presses seems like a good idea. Proworld also has lower priced presses.

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have tested several of the machines advertised as 'sublimation' and found that they just don't produce enough pressure for applying plastisol transfers.

Thanks Ed. I assumed the same :/
I will be placing an order today most likely for your machine. Unfortunately I just ordered a bunch of supplies, otherwise the supply deal would have worked out for me (doh!).

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stopping back in with an update! Picked up my press from Ed @ Proworld this afternoon and already pressed 20 shirts that I had waiting for me.. AMAZING quality! It's actually better than my old press. Thanks Ed!

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Amazing price especially in a country about halfway across the globe from the manufacturer. The upper platen seems thick. We're practically neighbors with China and that kind of press would have cost us over US$200 from importers. Higher from resellers.

Well it's $299 normally, but they have a special for $99 if you buy an additional $300 in supplies

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.