T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read just about as many threads I can take today, and I pretty much know exactly what I want now for a heat press setup. I have surfed the far reaches of the internet and am completely bored. Anyone have any recommendations to keep the mind occupied, that isn't a game? Looking for maybe something to help me get better ideas for artwork, my logo, my website, etc. . . ;)

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Or perhaps you're reaching burn out and need to step back and take a break, always helps me to recharge the ol' batteries...

·
Premium Member
5,953 Posts
hahaha that was so classic of the 80's hehe. Good find :) Of course I hung out with the long hair metal people :) See you can find lots of fun stuff when you are bored. You would be amazed at the stuff I find. awwww I miss the 80's.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I have read just about as many threads I can take today, and I pretty much know exactly what I want now for a heat press setup. I have surfed the far reaches of the internet and am completely bored. Anyone have any recommendations to keep the mind occupied, that isn't a game? Looking for maybe something to help me get better ideas for artwork, my logo, my website, etc. . . ;)
Wow, you actually are getting paid and no work needs to be done, and you are bored?!?! :) One should never get bored with the wealth of things that can be learned while at work, especially in a seated job.

Got any good books or mags? I keep copies of Printwear, Entrepreneur Mag, Inc mag on me just in case I slip up and have nothing to do. But that's generally never the case until lunch. ;)

AB

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well yea I'm on the phones all day and sometimes we don't get calls. I can't bring magazines or books or anything like that, but I can do any kind of research on the internet for my business. It's a shame I don't have Photoshop or Illustrator on this computer. The problem is I read so much I guess I do get kinda burnt out on what to look up.

·
Registered
938 Posts
well yea I'm on the phones all day and sometimes we don't get calls. I can't bring magazines or books or anything like that, but I can do any kind of research on the internet for my business. It's a shame I don't have Photoshop or Illustrator on this computer. The problem is I read so much I guess I do get kinda burnt out on what to look up.
That's wild, as I used to work for a company as a Helpdesk analyst who allowed free Internet access (safe sites, no goofing off). It was during that job I used to teach myself (what used to be) Macromedia Flash during downtime. They allowed books and mags, but again, safe stuff.

On the flipside, the $$monopoly$$ I work for now will write up an employee for a lot of web browsing on computers that's not work related. And please don't do it on a customer call, it's an Ethics violation.

AB

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
At the one place I used to work many years ago, I used to bury ebooks deep in the operating systems of the computers. Couldn't put them anywhere too obvious, as they had regular computer audits.

Taught myself to program in PHP and HTML. Also learned all about databases and how to use them to make money.

Trouble is. that once you start your own enterprise, other forms of income become an inconvenience.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts