T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a tshirt that had an oversized boombox strapped to the roof of some old car - didn't bookmark the site and now I can't remember how I found it in the first place.
It was a site that offered different artists on ts.

Much appreciated.

Jim

·
Registered
46 Posts
if i were to guess, it appears that site lured former threadless contributers into their own by a different means of compensation. (i'm guessing as the styles are the same). any one know how that company (oddica) is doing?

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
DecadentSavant said:
any one know how that company (oddica) is doing?
They've only been open a month or so (May 19), so it's too early to tell.

They're riding the hype wave very well though. In terms of word of mouth and reputation I'd say they're doing extremely well. We'll have to wait and see how their business model works out for them financially.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Some of us have our suspicions over the truth in their 41% scheme. I'm sure it is technically true. If you think about it for a while, the chances of it being "spiritually" true is a long shot.

But they are the 101 in how to use blogs.

·
Registered
80 Posts
just saw this thread today.

No the 41 percent is real, financially and spiritually. To make suppositions and be cynical is human nature and I don't fault you for that Nick ... i took my 51 percent of Oddica down to 10 percent to make this Artists Royalty Pool happen, few people know that, but the truth is the truth. I will be generous where others are greedy, and that ethos guides my life.

Making Oddica successful, however that is defined, is now my main mission. I have that responsibility to everyone involved — the Artists, the Customers, my friends/family, and my kids.

thanks. brian (bj).

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
oddica said:
just saw this thread today.

No the 41 percent is real, financially and spiritually. To make suppositions and be cynical is human nature and I don't fault you for that Nick ... i took my 51 percent of Oddica down to 10 percent to make this Artists Royalty Pool happen, few people know that, but the truth is the truth. I will be generous where others are greedy, and that ethos guides my life.

Making Oddica successful, however that is defined, is now my main mission. I have that responsibility to everyone involved — the Artists, the Customers, my friends/family, and my kids.

thanks. brian (bj).

[FONT=&quot]Welcome Brian! Love your site and your ethos. In fact I was going to buy one or two of your shirts back in the beginning when you had the odd shopping cart trouble, and never got around to getting back. I will do one day!

When I said "not spiritually" I was referring to doubts over the artist stable. I very much believe that you do give the 41%....the doubts were that those artists (given you were not currently recruiting) were founding members of the company anyway...ie, they would have been taking such a cut regardless. Hence looking a lot nicer that it might have been. But that was just a thought.

Anyway, good job!
[/FONT]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts