T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I were in Cape May, and she wanted to get a sweatshirt for herself and something for our twins. So we wilk into a shop that has transfers all over the walls (shocker) with number on them so they can fish out the right ones and press them on the shirts. I turn to the woman and say "You are making an absolute killing here". And without hesitation, she looks me square in the eye and says "Yeah, we are". My question is ..... i know all the companies to get the transfers and shirts.. but what kind of press do they use for that? We have a manual 15x15 press, but it does not work all that well on stock transfers. Right now we custom make our designs as the customer requests them and then order custom heat transfers from TX and FMX. But the pro world designs do not press all that well. We also have a HIX 400 press I got from my aunt that my uncle had (he passed away and the unit was hardly used). Haven't tried that for the stock designs yet. The unit they used in this particular shop had rods that pushed up from the bottom and released when she hit a button. Anyone have any idea what kind of press this is? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
The problem may not be with the transfers but with the heat press. Consider...
1) is the pressure even ...use the paper test...put paper strips around the press and close with full pressure..are all the strips equally hard to pull out...if not pressure not ever.
2) is the temp accurate and even...or are there cold spots...get a laser/IR gun and take random measurements across the platen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts