T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks

Ill keep it brief

New Roland BN-20 3 weeks ago. Using Siser C-Print PU+ which I was recommended by both the supplier and Roland tech guy. If I cut without printing graphics barely weed successfully - any graphics from big to small. If I print and cut or vice versa I have no chance of weeding anything off the backing unless I reverse weed. Ive tried test cuts from 50 up to 80 - recommended is 65 - and still no luck. Tried 2 blades now incase there was a fault - no change. Left for 24 hours before weeding - still no dice. Have now used more than 6 metres of vinyl and completed zero actual jobs with it. Is it something simple that Im missing - Im watching Roland videos and normal guys like me working with the same printer and they are weeding super fast with great results - my vinyl just comes straight off in my hand leaving blank backing. Its leaving marks on the backing and appears to be cutting but Im not convinced that we have a fully working model.

I have to reverse weed almost everything and that cant be right !! Even thats not 100% successful

Sorry - I said Id keep it brief. Any ideas, thoughts etc would be appreciated.

Cheers

Al

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I don't understand what you are doing. Print right way on the media if you are printing or not. It should weed pretty easily. You are printing and cutting on the media and not the backing, correct?

By the way, you should be able to do a small test cut first and only use a few inches of material.

Take a look here:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Check your cut calibrations in the BN20 utility. Use a 45 degree blade and make sure it's set at the proper depth. You should have no problems cutting vinyl. We scored plenty of magnetic material with that little beast with no issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello I'm sorry to hear that. Let me try to help you.
First of all are you printing with the correct profile or with a standard profile.
When using standard profiles you could print with a lot of ink more than what is needed.
Doing so the ink could "soften" the material, thus creating difficulties when cutting (eg. corners are not cut).
To download the specific profile go to SISER Printing profiles and try to see if it improves the situation.
Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.