T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My BN-20 has run out of Cyan Ink. What should I do while waiting for a replacement to arrive?

Thus far I have left the printer on and left the empty ink cart in but how long can I wait before this becomes and issue?

Thanks for your help.

· Registered
4,580 Posts
I don't know much about the BN-20, but my sister has larger solvent printers and has killed a printhead once this way.
Next time it happened I wet capped it and switched the printer off.
I'm guessing the same applies to the BN-20.

· Registered
507 Posts
It is HIGHLY likely a significant volume of ink remains in the cartridge. Inside the cartridge is a foil pouch that serves as the ink reservoir. You can choose to tip the cartridges' to move this ink to the port. Or you can find the clips and open the cartridge and roll up the pouch to move the remaining ink to the port. You will see there is significant ink remaining.
It is possible you can continue printing until your replacement cart(s) arrive.

· Registered
10,342 Posts
Pull the cart and gently shake it. If you feel ink in it then you are good. If it is truly empty I would park the head with cleaning solution in the capping station and turn it off. You don't want a cleaning cycle to suck air into the line. Once you get the replacement do a manual clean and a machine clean.

Reactions: AMilnes122

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pull the cart and gently shake it. If you feel ink in it then you are good. If it is truly empty I would park the head with cleaning solution in the capping station and turn it off. You don't want a cleaning cycle to suck air into the line. Once you get the replacement do a manual clean and a machine clean.
I opened the cart and it is completely empty.

Can explain what you mean by park the head with cleaning solution in the capping station and turn it off?

If air does get into the line can it be fixed by me or will it be a huge issue?

Thanks.

· Registered
10,342 Posts
Do a manual clean, fill the capping station with cleaning solution, turn off the machine until you get your ink.

For Cleaning:

· Registered
1 Posts
I ran out of ink and my roland tech was charging me for eco sol max2 150$ for eco max 90 bucks pissed about it I never do anything to Bn-20 the beauty is is that its so high quality i never brought down I owned it for 7 years and I kept all my wasted always had a back up with 20 % left to have backups if you shake the cartidge and nothing shakes its empty but no its not that 30 mills at that back cause you never shock it for 4 hours till it came to the front I opened on puntcure the metal plastic thing like its nothing only go like 10mm deep but in an emergency you can open it push the 30 ml to front with hand or you could shake with thumb on out upside dwon till 30 mil come out you could rig it upside down till 20 mil leaked to output but its a leak risk unless you ontop of it watching for leaks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.