T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
From the other posts it sounds like they were doing Laser transfers.

Regarding the post about tape residue, I use a tape made for this, which is variously referred to as Heat Tape, Heat Resistant Tape, or Thermal Tape.

This is the stuff I use: Clear 1/2" x 72yd Sublimation Heat Tape

Though, I expect any tape made specifically for this purpose would work fine.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
I went to this kind of tape. There are many sizes of it. I don't know how to choose the tape to use in the mug. Please give me some information to let me know more .
Half inch seems to be the common/normal width, and is more than adequate for use on mugs or garments. Just two short pieces of tape is all it takes, as it is just there to keep the paper from shifting out of position. Your mug press or silicone wrap is what keeps the transfer paper tight against the surface of the mug.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Half inch seems to be the common/normal width, and is more than adequate for use on mugs or garments. Just two short pieces of tape is all it takes, as it is just there to keep the paper from shifting out of position. Your mug press or silicone wrap is what keeps the transfer paper tight against the surface of the mug.
[/引用]
Thank you for your reply. I look for the long time and battle them, then choose this heat resistant tape to dye my products. Just like this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SMK1SCQ
I think that is a good choice, but I'm not sure is the best one. Maybe I need to use for more time and see the effect. If not good, I will ask for another tape that you recommend.
Thank you .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts