T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot get a detailed image to print from my printer for screen printing. I have a Epson stylus photo 1400. Use regular ink cartridge for the Epson printer. Casey's transluncency paper to print on. Adobe Illustrator. When I print my image, the printer puts down too much ink and the image comes out blotchy with no detail. Please help!

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Could be severl things. Try going to the maintenance tab in the driver. Do a head clean and alignment. Auto align if available.
No luck clean the encoder strip Thats a grayish clear strip that runs thru the print head carriage in the back. Power up when the print head moves left unplug the printer this allows u to move the head by hand. U will prob have to get the top open then use a alchol swap and putting the encoder strip between ur fingers with the pad gently wipe end to end. Careful or it will diconnect ot one end.

Reactions: jcool33

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave, thanks for the tip. I found a website and will be ordering some films today. I hope everybody appreciates this site and those who are here to help others.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts