T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm currently in the "practicing" stages with dyesub and I have currently trashed 25 subtrates. :( I am curently trying to press on 65/35 blend and the images comes out great and withstand washing & drying BUT they are useless because they ALWAYS come off the press with blue flecs, brown splotches or some type of staining that wasn't there when I placed them on the press.

I've tried cleaning my press before each press, using a lent brush on everything and still I have yet to produce a good product free of stains.

What could be the problem????? How are you all getting such great results with dye sub?? I'm totally jealous!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Hi Pinksugar and welcome to the forums.

Lint roller is something that will solve your problem with blue specs. These are dust and fabric/thread particles which are not obvious before pressing, but create serious contamination if you don't clean them up.

Not sure about brown blotches - could you post a picture? Sometimes even a water drop that dried down on t-shirt could cause yellowing after pressing.
Also, if you have accidentally touched a print on your transfer and then handled a shirt, even if your fingers may seem clean, some ink can get onto places you don't intend it to be.

Good luck experimenting!

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you are doing shirts...I cut the white space off the design, and cover the rubber bottom of the heat press with plain copy paper. you could try to put copy papre over areas of the shirt that make contact with the press too.

I have had the same issues before too.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
lint roller for sure, we always cover the transfer with teflon or plain white paper, as for brown spots, they are usually from a bad shirt. sub works best on all poly, try the vapor products the results are great. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts