T-Shirt Forums banner

blue printing green

2626 Views 16 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  uktech
HI

Dtg was printing fine and now I am getting any shade of blue printing green even 100 % cyan. Almost like a green jade or turquiose color. Any Ideas?

Thanks
April
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
How are these??
Nozzle checks?
Humidity level?
Height of ink?

many factors...
This happend once to me while i was doing a run i had pluged in a device that robbed memory while i was printing so i rebooted computer and printer and ran file again with no problems
HI

Dtg was printing fine and now I am getting any shade of blue printing green even 100 % cyan. Almost like a green jade or turquiose color. Any Ideas?

Thanks
April

Is this happening with every job that you are now printing?

Harry

_
yes it is. I printed a sample perfect then next day went to print order and the blue was green.

April
yes it is. I printed a sample perfect then next day went to print order and the blue was green.

April

Have you tried printing with an art file that you had printed successfully with in the past. This way you can check to see that the problem is with the printer, not the artwork.

Harry

_
I printed a bunch of blue squares one of them 100% cyan and they were are shade of green even the cyan. Could it be the capping station? We haven't changed it in quite a while, but it seems to be working fine.

April
I printed a bunch of blue squares one of them 100% cyan and they were are shade of green even the cyan. Could it be the capping station? We haven't changed it in quite a while, but it seems to be working fine.

April

Can you take a picture of a nozzle check and post it.

Harry

_
Having the same issues.
Did anyone find a solution this problem?

My blues print green.
Having the same issues.
Did anyone find a solution this problem?

My blues print green.
Nozzles checks are printing green?
Yes green / turquois
even the yellow has a hint of green in it.
Yes green / turquois
even the yellow has a hint of green in it.
are your ink levels under or over? is the mixed color in the dampers?
ink levels are fine and there is no mixture in the dampers.
check your capping station make sure its clean and draining to the waste tank
also take some cleaning solution gently clean around the printhead
(this post is for DTG Kiosk 2) so also check the waste ink pad that's on the left hand side of the printer
make sure that its clean if possible change out the pad.
Thank You!
I ended up taking out the print head and flushing out the cyan with hot water...that and taking cleaning the capping station did the trick..I didn't have an extra pad so I replaced it with paper towel for the time being.

Thank You again for your help!
Reactions: 1
Thank You!
I ended up taking out the print head and flushing out the cyan with hot water...that and taking cleaning the capping station did the trick..I didn't have an extra pad so I replaced it with paper towel for the time being.

Thank You again for your help!
Happy this worked for you. Another few causes could be that the waste pipe is blocked and just returning the mixed ink to the dampers through the capping station, or the membrane inside the head that separates the colours has failed.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.