T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dye-Sub Community,

I need your help with a Dye Sub Issue. To give you an idea of my setup we use a Rotary Transfer Press and an Epson F6200 Printer.

We are doing allover prints on Gildan 42000 Shirts, which are 100% poly and meant for dye sub.

I was doing a run of allover print dye-sub shirts for a client and am getting some weird marks as of today.

So, we did about 22 of these on Friday mark free, and I came in Saturday to print off the next batch to get ready for today.

I stacked these all on top of each other and left them over the weekend.

For some reason when we started printing these we began getting blue marks on the shirt which rendered them useless.

Front of Shirt:

Back of Shirt:

Its the same press, the same shirts but a way different result. We obviously can't sell these and have to fix this asap. I will also say our belt on the press is a bit dirty, but it still didnt create this issue on friday.

Could it be the print? There werent visible smudges before but there are now for sure. Anyone ever had this and what did you do to fix?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sandwich your shirt between two pieces of blowout paper...no dye sub transfer. See what your results are?

Does your spent transfer show the streaks?

If those blue streaks are consistent with one area of your shirts and you are consistent with aligning your imaging, your areas of your dirty drum could be "attacking" you....especially if your are using really thin, what I call "see-thru" blowout paper that most rotary peeps use.

Hope this helps,

Jae

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting thing I heard today. Coastal Business did a webinar on dye sublimation with a rep from Sawgrass. One of the points the rep, Limmy Lamb, stressed was the need to lint roll each shirt right before you press it. Claimed that lint and unseen debris would be seen after pressing as 'blue marks.

Not sure what it means, but thought I'd add it here in case it becomes relevant later.

Ginny

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, this is super weird but it was actually the gildan tees we used for some reason. we tried everything, lint rolled, new parchment but the tees straight wouldnt take the print right.

switched it to another blank, no problems. thanks for the help yall!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.