T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes, I would be interested. I think it would also be great if you could run it through the wash at least 15 times and then show it to us again.

Everything looks great at the start but the end results is what really matters.

I know I am asking for way too much.:eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am also interested Lou - We are asking you for another favor that will answer many questions on this forum.
Your actual video is a big plus for the Newbies.

James

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did you do the blue grid video?

Here's one for someone with Epson background:
When I use my R800 on blue grid, it is almost impossible to peel the vinyl off the backing sheet. My best luck to date has been to heat the printed paper about 5 seconds at 360 degrees, let it cool, and then peel it. The result has some tendency to stretch but appears to retain the color reasonably accuratelye ven after multiple washings.

Is this a problem caused by the R800 pigment inks?

·
Registered
68 Posts
badalou said:
Is there interest in me doing video using Blue Grid opaque heat press transfer. I have some samples from Coastal Business.
Design.
trim
press.
Lou
I'd like to see it. Your other videos are great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am using an Epson R800 with Blue Grid and find that the vinyl is quite fragile. Is this because of the R800 inks?

As an experiment, I pre-heated a transfer 4 or 5 seconds at 360 degrees. This seems to make the vinyl more resilient, and it peels more easily.

Is the relative fragility just the batch of Blue Grid or would peeling be easier user a 4-ink system like a C88?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The ink shouldnt affect how well the transfer paper peels. How are you preheating the transfer? You are actually pre pressing the transfer? Never heard of that before. It is unneccisary. Just make sure all the moisture is out of the shirt, and that you are using a fresh sheet of parchment. When there is alot of moisture in the shirt, the transfer tends to get sticky, and hard to move around, and when you use an old piece of parchment paper, it can be hard to peel, but other than that I havent had any problems.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I understand regarding pre-heating the t-shirt and do that as a matter of course. It also makes it easier to position any transfer.

I would not call it pre-pressing the transfer since the backing is still in place and the shirt is not in the press. The pre-heating seems to firm up the vinyl and make it easier to peel.

Since I had not expected the R800 inks to be an issue, I was really perplexed with the initial difficulty in peeling.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Lou I would, well I saw the video. Is there a way to down load it? I would like to save it like the others, so if I need it I can just go back and watch it over.

Elviejo if pre-heating works, stick with that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Actually... what I've been doing is that I have been pressing my shirts with the grid backing on the front of the shirt... instead of using the parchment paper.

One day I ran out of parchment paper and I gave it a try because I was desperate to fill out some orders... anyway

It came out very very glossy and I have been pressing my shirts like that ever since.

Maybe you guys can try it.... BUT! I don't have a professional press like you guys... Like I said in previous posts, I have a singer heat press which might not get as hot and Maybe it'll burn with your press..

its been working good on my end... i'd like to hear from you guys and see what happens w/ u

ALEX

1 - 20 of 40 Posts