T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a new problem for me and is a nightmare. When I sublimate a small 3"x3" color image on white paper and wrap it around the white mug using a cactus wrap, I get light blue blotches that show up on the white areas of the white mug. I showed my graphic source and they can not figure it out. The paper is white and the images are on a new white back ground. The cactus wrap is new. Where are blue blotches coming from? Is it heat? I tried backing off to 375 and the blue showed up on a few and only cooked 6 instead of 12 mugs. These problems have cost me lot's of time and money. Has this every happened to any one else? Thanks for your help.

· Registered
1,435 Posts
I ran across a similar problem, cept the spots were yellow. I believe what caused my yellow spots was an old print, I did an order for a few dozen 11 oz mugs and had printed a few extras in case of mistakes and kept them in case of a reorder. A month went by and I decided to test one on a 15 oz mug and got yellow spots all over. The age of the print was the only thing that I saw different compared to my normal process. Since you say it's new paper, maybe there's too much ink on the paper or something?

· Registered
8,807 Posts
JB is probably right on the mark...in sublimating material... you have to make sure there is no lint or foreign matter on the shirt.. I use tape to wipe the area of the transfer to get rid of extraneous matter...same with the mugs I wipe them down first.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ran across a similar problem, cept the spots were yellow. I believe what caused my yellow spots was an old print, I did an order for a few dozen 11 oz mugs and had printed a few extras in case of mistakes and kept them in case of a reorder. A month went by and I decided to test one on a 15 oz mug and got yellow spots all over. The age of the print was the only thing that I saw different compared to my normal process. Since you say it's new paper, maybe there's too much ink on the paper or something?
Thanks I will make note of the age of the prints too. The blue spots are random. Every mug is different. I am thinking it's my printer maybe. You can not see the blue if it is the printer.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had a issue with small blotches and it was caused by dust particles on the transfers. I ruined several cups before I figured this out. ... JB
I wipe every thing off now too. It's blue blotches from where? I will work on this more. If I don't I'll just drop the white back ground images. There must be a better solution.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JB is probably right on the mark...in sublimating material... you have to make sure there is no lint or foreign matter on the shirt.. I use tape to wipe the area of the transfer to get rid of extraneous matter...same with the mugs I wipe them down first.
Thanks and have been wiping them off. You have to. So where is the blue coming from? Strange I think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.