T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like alot of people are talking about blogs as a way to market your store that I finally started mine, I made all of two posts and hey someone came to my shop! Yea, I know "beginners luck" lol ;) I think they're a good idea for posting about your store and design...and maybe, just maybe it wasn't just luck and these people are really onto something.:)

Marie

·
Registered
30 Posts
A blog is pretty much an online journal...lots of places you can sign up and own a blog that everyone can see for example xanga.com ....google has a blog service also, I foget what it is called.

·
Registered
30 Posts
To promote your business? I am not too sure...I know there is one blog out there where all they do is find really cool t-shirts on other websites and post them in their blog. I have a blog on xanga and people I don't know see it all the time. If you have a blog with a certain blog website every person who searches a category that anything in your blog matches (location, age, content) then you will show up on the results. I think?

I hope I helped at least a little...

Smesh

·
Registered
6 Posts
To help a little more with Photodiver's question, "blog" comes from shortening the term "web log"...I know...the additional two letters are such a hassle. The real adverstising value of a blog is that it is a) free and b) creates word-of-mouth buzz. Which translates into people wanting to find out more about your product.

The magazine Business 2.0 had an article on blogs as advertising last month (June 2005). Definitely a good article...it was actually about how to get a web business up and running in no-time...and even how to out-source your manufacturing. The blog part of the article was in the marketing section (page 92).

The real key to using blogs as free advertising is to have your product mentioned in a blog that gets a lot of traffic. Check out coolhunting.com as an example of a highly trafficked blog.

Another thing you should look into (which are free and online) are networking websites, such as myspace.com or friendster.com - If you didn't know it...this is how the 20 and even 30 somethings are meeting, talking, blogging, and even dating now. It's free, and you can put up your own blog and even link to your friends' pages.

Adam

·
Registered
27 Posts
I added a blog directly to my site a ways back, and have been happy with how its working out. My blog is on this page of my site:

http://www.paperplain.com/update/index.php

I also tried creating an external blog (using xanga) but I don't think that is as helpful. Maintaining your own blog can be a pain though, and you definitely need to decide if its worth the extra work, both in installing software and doing regular updates.

Getting links from other peoples blogs though is always great.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts