T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I will be blogging for my ecommerce website. Question: where do websites get their blog stories from? I see the same blog stories posted on a few website so i'm thinking there is a website where you can link to for Articles. Anybody know?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
14,722 Posts
Generally, a true "blog" is your own words or articles. You may have links to other things related to your topic, but the subject is written by and unique to you. Others may have the same subject matter as you, but each is individual under a blog format.

Sounds like you may be thinking about a News section?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Most blogs will allow you to take the 'html' coding for the blog and then, in turn, post to your blog. As Joe was stating, most blogs are to allow you to reach your customers/audience in your own words. It really depends what you are using the blog for, i.e. to drive customer traffic or use as a template for talking about your company (although they aren't mutually exclusive).

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most blogs will allow you to take the 'html' coding for the blog and then, in turn, post to your blog. As Joe was stating, most blogs are to allow you to reach your customers/audience in your own words. It really depends what you are using the blog for, i.e. to drive customer traffic or use as a template for talking about your company (although they aren't mutually exclusive).

Yes i understand....for instance..i see the same articles posted on Hypebeast and on some other blogs, so i'm thinking there has to be a central place where they getting these stories from. I will post mainly about my clothing line, but would like to include some NEWS about the fashion industry.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
Yes i understand....for instance..i see the same articles posted on Hypebeast and on some other blogs, so i'm thinking there has to be a central place where they getting these stories from. I will post mainly about my clothing line, but would like to include some NEWS about the fashion industry.
Probably online news sources like Google News, Digg, etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Jennifer is right, it will be duplicate content. If you're blogging for SEO purposes then write your own stuff. If you have a website now, install a blog (like wordpress) in another folder on your server. You will get far more traffic this way than if you got a free one. Make sure you enable SEO friendly url's as well.

·
Administrator
14,722 Posts
I will post mainly about my clothing line, but would like to include some NEWS about the fashion industry.
And that's very easy to do. Just add your take, spin, opinion on it.

For example, my two most favorite tech blogs are Engadget and Gizmodo. And so many times, they have the same news article I would think they were one and the same (maybe they are? :))

But they each have their own spin or opinion on that particular article. So instead of reading the same stuff, I am reading the same subject matter but from two different angles.

All I am saying is, one of the main reasons for a blog is to have people come back time and time again to read what you have to say (and buy your products while they are there). The minute they see that you have articles they can read elsewhere, they will stop visiting you. So keep it unique.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts