T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I designed an inside tag for some shirts. Just a single color, had planned black, but...

No matter the color shirt, you can see the image bleeding through the shirt.
So I'm thinking that I'm just going to have to use a color close to the shirt color

or

Do an underlay. But that seems like too much work for the return.

My tests were on some Anvil 790s 100% cotton.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
65 Posts
How about printing a sheet of plastisol transfers, Print however many you can in your maximum image area then cut them out and transfer. The transfering actually goes pretty fast, You dont need to leave it in the press very long. Just a idea

·
Registered
120 Posts
I actually just bought some transfers to do this very thing. But seeing it supposed to be just like actually screening them in would the bleed through be the same. I was worried about being able to see it through the shirts.

·
Registered
87 Posts
the problem is pressure. transfers need pressure and screenprinting with plastisol still is borderline. most inside printing is done using pad printing that has very little pressure. you might consider a water based ink and having a custom stamp made to simulate the pad printing effect.

·
Registered
87 Posts
So where would you suggest I get a stamp made?
beats me, just an idea. i don't even know that it would work.

i know you can pay to have silk tags made and just so them in if you want. or imprints wholesale can sew them onto blanks for you depending on how many you are doing. or you can look into taking on pad printing and pick up the extra benefits of doing that.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
We have tried every option but pad printing, and this is works best for us, even on 4.5 oz shirts. We normally use gray plastisol ink or another neutral color to print tags with as little pressure as needed to clear the screen. Transfers take much longer than direct printing and it is much harder to align the transfer and get a good peel every time. Waterbased ink bleeds through. Just the other day, we printed 6,000 neck tags @ 200-250/hr on a manual press. You will never be able to transfer them that fast. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think transfering can be pretty fast, I can run a shirt ever 8 seconds so if you keep that speed up your moving units. I have had pretty good luck with the transfers not showing thru too bad since I use light pressure but then again everyone gets different results. Just test and test some more...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts