1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am new in heat press,and i do have Epson 1280 printer and anytime
i print on the transfer paper and heat on the T'shirt,it bleeds
so i do not know what am doing wrong.
Can someone please let me know what am doing wrong.
Thank you.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello!
Well it could be a lot of things, so try to provide more info
what paper
what temp
how much ink are you laying down
are you using a teflon pad
how long are you pressing
what pressure? Med?
All thse factors could have a effect

Make sure your pre-heating the shirt
Let us know
Fred

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your advice,anyway just bought this 15x15 heatpress machine and am heating at med,and i do preheat the shirt but still whenever i wash it bleeds. How can i set the ink

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
As badalou stated. The printer you have uses a dye based ink. You will do better with a pigment based ink. I use the Epson cx4800 which uses pigment based inks. You can purchase a bulk ink system for your printer though, then all you would do is purchase pigment based inks.

Terry

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the same printer and use the armur ink system with it. I think I am oversaturating the design with ink, but can't figure out how to change the dpi. I use CorelDraw, can anyone help me with this?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Again,

"simply a 1280 is a dye printer."
"Dye ink can bleed."

"You will do better with a pigment based ink."

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
It is not the DPI but the actual print where you may be having a problem. Do not print at photo quality. My epson has text, photo text, photo, and best photo. I alway print at "text photo" All my prints come out great.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
That is all I use. Epson makes different style printers. What you need to know is the ink types are primarily for photo printing. I am an ex product demo rep for Epson. One of the things I did everyday was to place a picture printed on plain paper and put it into a jar of water and it would be there all day. Sometimes people would try to open it up because they did not believe me that it was water. I told them they were right it was my Vodka. You could not do that with dye inks. If you placed a wet glass on a picture that was printed with an HP printer you would have a ring. Not so with the Epson. Just wipe it off. There is no fading also. All those factors are the reason pigment inks are great for transfers.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You can also try to pre-press the shirt, to get the moisture out before pressing on the transfer. That's still just a temporary solution.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts