T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am screen printing a simple design with black ink on a 158 mesh screen. After 3 or 4 prints, I notice that the ink is building up underneith on the shirt side of the screen. I also checked my off contact clearance and I have a nickle taped there to give it clearance. An suggestions?
joe

ps - I had the same problem with white ink, but the problem was fixed with the off contact clearance.

I had that problem this wekend. What I did was lay down a piece of cloth on my pallet, lay the screen down and then pull as normal. It cleaned it all off and I was ready to go for the next.

Thing is.. I had to do this a few times. Out of the 10 impressions I did, I think I had to clean the bottom off about 3-5 times... but it worked great.

Also, I found it much easier to flood my screen with the screen down. With it up, it was just kind of awkward for me. But with it down and with the amount of ink I had on , I was able to flood using the blunt tip of my squeegee without making any contact with the screen

and yes, I use adhesive on my pallet as well

·
Registered
48 Posts
So basically, I should flood with the screen down, on a test cloth or shirt?
is this normal??
I saw a guy do it in a video.. tried it myself and got better results than I did when I flooded with the screen up

I have tried other colors on other meshes and the bleeding is not the case... I'm new at this, so I don't know if the way I'm doing it is correct.
Im new at this too :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.