T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,

I've done a run of white shirts w/black ink. The shirts are Hanes 5.4 oz. The ink turned out fine, except there's a little bit of bleeding around the text. Is it because the shirts are cheap? Am I pressing too hard with the squegee?

Thanks for the help....let me know if I need to provide more info.
-Rich

·
Registered
86 Posts
SmashmouthShirts said:
hello everyone,

I've done a run of white shirts w/black ink. The shirts are Hanes 5.4 oz. The ink turned out fine, except there's a little bit of bleeding around the text. Is it because the shirts are cheap? Am I pressing too hard with the squegee?

Thanks for the help....let me know if I need to provide more info.
-Rich
Hi there, Nice to meet you SmashmouthShirts.

Can you send me a scan or a close up digital pic of the text you are talking about. It could be dye migration, an off contact issue or about 2-3 other problems. I will know more after the e-mail. I will post my answer here. My e-mail is jamie at printmojo.com. Look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Could also be the mesh count. Stay with 110 mesh on this job, one stroke and make sure you off contact is less that 1/8" from mesh to platon, Also use a good spray adhesive so the shirt won't lift.
Just in case, no need to flash dark on white.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I have had the same problem as well. I found out that I was not applying Emulsion to both sides of the screen. I found out that if there is not emulsion on both sides the ink will tend to smear. With both sides coated you get a good thick stencil for that ink to fill up. Now with ink, I use both Plastasol and water based. For water I use less ink, and with plastasol I use more ink. I do this because water based is a bit more thinner. I hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts