T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought a blazer express and am trying to learn how to use it.

I have a question on the print pass. When I select 2 pass on the user interface to make the printer print 2 times, it didnt do what it is suppose to.

It will print the first pass, then it will bring the board to the home/ front position, after a few second it will bring the board back to the print position, and it stop for about 30 seconds and instead of printing the second pass, it spit the board back out.

Please help me, I have an order that need to be done tonight and US Screen help desk already gone for the night.

thanks

·
Registered
184 Posts
From Fastartist, click on FILE, the scroll down and click on FAST RIP SETUP.

Click on the PREFRENCES tab and down towards the bottom select how many COLOR COATS you want. This is for the colors only, not white ink.

If you are printing WHITE ink then you need to click on the UNDERBASE SETUP tab and set the number of coats there also.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
When you select 2 Pass Print Mode the printer does not lay down twice the amount of ink but rather allows the first pass to dry slightly before a second pass is printed. As Mike pointed out, selecting 2 pass mode just tells the printer what to do when printing 2 passes. You still need to set the number of passes in FastRIP for the printer to do 2 passes.

We made up a helpful "Idiots Guide to FastArtist/FastRIP" which covers both light and dark garment printing. It is available as a free download at:
EZ FastArtist / FastRIP Guide

Harry

·
Registered
184 Posts
but rather allows the first pass to dry slightly before a second pass is printed.
Harry
Harry,

A comment you made got me thinking. You mentioned the printer pauses a bit to let the first coat slightly dry before applying the 2nd coat when doing more than on pass. I was wondering, if the same technique would apply to dtg printing as with screen printing in that you so call "Flash" the print before applying a 2nd coat. If the first print is cured say 50% (more or less) on the machine by applying some warm air to it while its coming out of the printer. then apply the 2nd coat, do you think there would be any advantage to this or not. Possibly making the prints wash better, hold up longer. etc...

The same would apply when printing white ink, giving the white a shot of warm air before either appying another coat of white or the final cmyk colors.

Just a wild thought I had, maybe it does not apply to these types of inks.

Mike

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Not a wild thought at all. I have heard of users drying the white underbase with a hot air gun before printing the color pass. There is no reason you could not do this with 2 passes of color also. I am not sure if you would get a noticeable increase in print quality to justify the extra time spent. And, of course, you would have to take a lot of care in aiming the hot air gun so you don't chance hitting and drying out the ink in the print head of the printer.

Harry

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.