T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi Ahsan, pretty much the same as USA, since many of the blanks come from American companies. Promo T's 150gsm, better poly/cotton & organic cotton 180gsm, 100% cotton 205gsm....but there are variations. High GSM in what "V" neck, short sleeve, long sleeve? For price, check some of the supply houses, do a web search. Cheers

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi Printon, 180gsm would be so much better than 150gsm. Ahsan didn't say where he was from. Maybe he is after extra heavy (high gsm) like my "pig in a poke" purchase of Russian blanks! I'd bet a fiver their 225+gsm!
Only bought one box, thank goodness.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
GSM has not much to do with quality. Have you ever compared a 150gsm American Apparel t-shirt to a 205GSM Gildan t-shirt? I know which I'd choose for retail.

And then, compare a 130gsm Ralph Lauren t-shirt made from Pima Cotton to 150gsm Americal Apparel t-shirt! So yeah, just because its thinner doesn't always mean its worse.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Agreed Zhenjie. On a side note have you seen the new Gildan Ring Spun (2nd generation) that are just arriving at the distributors now? They have started again with production in Honduras. I think they look pretty good for what they are. Fantastic Fabric, and a good shape and length. Not to mention price. I can't see much on the market that compete's when you take price into account.

What you guys think?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Yep finally got my samples of the Gildan ringspun. Price way, fantastic for what you get. Not exactly upto AA standards but when its almost 1/3 of the price I think its the best slim fit/ringspun you can get at that price range.

I think the only thing I didn't like that much about it was the collar, bit thin I thought.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Don't you think the colar is about right, it is a slim fit T after all?

Also Gildan colars tend to hold their shape/elasticness (if thats a word) better than other brands in my experience. I think as long as the quality stays at what it is they are onto a winner! Just need a few more colours now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hi zhenjie, Ralph Lauren promo t-shirts! Your obviously dealing with far classier people than I am! Tell me something, in you opinion is the hand of the Gildan ringspun softer than the Haynes Beefy? The Haynes Beefy is 180gsm.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Sorry, not experienced with Haynes Beefy t-shirts and their range, so cant comment on the softness. The specs seem pretty similar except for the fact that one is thinner then the other. You really only get softer when the t-shirts are enzyme washed and treated for extra softness.

I didn't think Haynes was readily available in aus?

·
Registered
259 Posts
:confused: I could have sworn Splash Alley had em, but I checked. They have everything else but! Someone has em cos I see em printed up on eBay from time to time. Or on the other hand someone shipped in a pallet load for themselves.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm finding it really hard to get good quality blanks in Australia. I have contacted people like jiffy.com but they only do US deliveries.

I know that we get stung quite hard with delivery charges if ordering from overseas, so would like to know if anyone has any ideas where you can get blanks over here.

I'm after both Kids and Adult styles.

Thanks. :)
There's plenty.

If u're taking a drive down south some time, American Apparel has a store in Syd - 82 Oxford St. Tel. +61 (02) 9358 2666 - found this on the oz AA retail site Buy T-Shirts Online - American Apparel - Panties, Bras, Shorts, Shirts and More

If not, get in touch with Tony from acme corp [email protected] they carry Bella etc huge range of brands/blanks, or superior activewear (also based in Syd) [email protected] and they'll set you right

21 - 36 of 36 Posts