T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where you can find T-shirts that are not only blank and tagless, but completely logo free? 100% BLANK is what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Shocker2155 said:
Anybody know where you can find T-shirts that are not only blank and tagless, but completely logo free? 100% BLANK is what I'm looking for.
you'd have to order a custom line from american apparel or something... or outsource to india

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just got a few dozen of the ripaway tag shirts from alstyle I beleive they are the platnums. They are really nice.

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Anybody know where you can find T-shirts that are not only blank and tagless, but completely logo free?
Most people just find a Gildan or AmericanApparel or Jerzees or Proclub or Alstyle (or whichever brand they like) and take out the company label and have them relabeled.

You won't find many (if any) totally TAGLESS shirts because of the legal requirements of having country of origin information and such.

Some manufacturers will relabel your blanks at their factory at the time the garment is created. Places like jericosportswear.com, royalapparel, alternativeapparel, continentalclothing all do this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see that a lot of shirts have Material from USA, but assembled in Mexico. What is the advantage of this. Seems like a lot of shipping of material.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Shocker2155 said:
I see that a lot of shirts have Material from USA, but assembled in Mexico. What is the advantage of this.
Better quality cotton in the US (I believe that's the reason anyway), cheaper labour in Mexico.

Shocker2155 said:
Seems like a lot of shipping of material.
The labour cost difference is so large that it still works out cheaper I guess, but the environmental impact is appalling.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
hongkongdmz said:
I would say better labour in the US rather then superior cotton...and cheaper in Mexico and elsewhere.
Better labour in the US wouldn't explain what the poster was talking about: the combination of US cotton and Mexican labour. Judging by AA I don't think US labour is any better than any other country - if anything it's slightly worse (either that or companies like Hanes, FotL, Gildan, etc. must throw out a lot of shirts to arrive at a more consistent product).

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
hongkongdmz said:
So people would buy AA because of the label and 'American quality'?
People would buy AA for any number of reasons (marketing, image, wide product range, soft fabric, fashion fit & style, etc.), but yes in my opinion a large part of that is that it's American made: not because of any quality implications of that, just because of the political angle (be it anti-sweatshop or "support local").

·
Registered
9 Posts
What Alstyle t-shirts come tagless. I just ordered a bunch of blanks from alstyle and spent hours razor cutting the tags out. What style of t-shirt from alstyle has tear outs? A1 Apparel has the easiest tear out tags from what I've seen so far. The quality of the fabric is thinner than my liking, however the tags are super easy to remove.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So people would buy AA because of the label and 'American quality'? I'm happy using overseas people as long as the price is cheap and the quality is good.
I was just wondering if you might know of any manufacturers like the ones your talking about, because i was looking for some tag-less t shirts that can be delivered just like that, without me having to remove anything.

Thank you:D !!!

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
I was just wondering if you might know of any manufacturers like the ones your talking about, because i was looking for some tag-less t shirts that can be delivered just like that, without me having to remove anything.

Thank you:D !!!
What kind of quantities are you looking for?

Unless it's in the 1000's per style, you will have a hard time finding completely blank garments because of import and trade regulations.

Most people just opt for the tear away tags or have the blanks relabeled at the factory (or at the printer) with their labels.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Has anyone found a completely blank and tagless shirt??

I looked a few China websites, but all they have are knock off stuff with letters and graphics all over them .

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use Bare Apparel for my company; they have several different high quality blank styles, and are tagless inside the collar. We use heat transfers for the labels, and it works out great. Bare shirts do have a tag near the inside bottom of the shirt which includes fabric content and wash instructions, but that could be easily cut off if need be.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use Bare Apparel for my company; they have several different high quality blank styles, and are tagless inside the collar. We use heat transfers for the labels, and it works out great. Bare shirts do have a tag near the inside bottom of the shirt which includes fabric content and wash instructions, but that could be easily cut off if need be.
What are you paying for the blanks?
Say a case (72).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts