T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I agree with Zoom Monster and Vinyl Signs. If you need to get this shirt printed right away for the customer, do what it takes and learn why this is happening later.

Print it twice. Print from Photoshop. First, print only the layer for the black and white image in grayscale, using the Levels sliders for the histogram to get it to print neutral colors. THEN, without touching the shirt, print it again with only the layer for the color logo selected.

DO NOT FLATTEN THE IMAGE.

If you are trying to print this all in one pass the file has to be perfectly optimized. To get good black and white you must print the file optimized for black and white output. That is easy to do in Photoshop because you can print only the layers you select. Selecting only your color layers, they should be optimized for color-accurate printing.

Print it in two passes: black and white pass, then color pass for the red logo. That is my suggestion.

This will at least get the shirt out the door.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
The way I'm talking about could still work with the white pass then the color (greyscale/Red in this example. Let just say for this example that that only the neutrals are off. Working in RGB, I would select all but the solid red. Open curves and go the the blue channel. Take the curve and gently pull the center down. Notice on screen that the purple blue become more neutral. Now if the color on screen "looks" neutral already, the grey will look warmer. If you print this warmer (on screen) grey does it in fact print neutral. It's just a matter of finding the amount of adjustment via experimentation and test prints. There is a high probability that, all colors may be off, and you could use this adjustment globally or use monitor calibration so that this adjustment is more intuitive. I hope I'm clear.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah as you can see from the picture i posted i allready have the gammut simulation picked.
I am not sure what you mean by asking a new color profile for our HM1?
Is it like they give us settings to put in our PrintPro RIP or? :confused:
Thanks for your answer... :)
Colour profiles are to be added to print pro, they adjust the amount of ink applied to each colour to more accurately represent the image. The standard profiles are fine for 95% of normal use, but in some cases (usually photgraphic or grey)the colours are too rich and make greys look like purples.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
yeap
The problem is the color profile.
We printed the Print Pro gray adjustment scale (test patches) and all the lighter grays were purple so we just have to get a new profile for our Print Pro to get the grays gray. We send an e-mail to our supplier but no answer still.
Maybe we could download a profile direct from the dtg or from their forum?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I would try phoning yor dealer, if they cannot supply the profiles they can get them from the reigonal distributor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Look, people, IT IS NOT color profile. All inkjet printers have problems printing black and white photos, simply because they try to get black by mixing cmyk colors and it is very hard not to have a cast on them (lighter blacks)

Solutions are:
First of all, when it comes to COLOR ACCURACY, ALWAYS use CMYK color space, so, convert Your immage to CMYK!

1: prepare Your photo in gray scale, and print it as such (but, U have some ornaments, flourishes in dark red color, right?)
or
2: In Photoshop, open Your channels pallete, and ERASE parts of Your immage that must be black, from other channels (CMY) so, U get BW part of image only on black channel. This WILL do the trick.

Alternatively, U can do this: Make Your PHOTO grayscale, select all, copy it, and then, on Your file that is going to be printed, paste Your photo ONLY ON BLACK CHANNEL.
After that, add Your flourishes and such.
But remember: while pasting, select only black channel, and after U've pasted immage, select all cmyk channels. Otherwise, U won't be able to add flourishes :{)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts