T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
I bought one of their black t-shirts with my design on it (white text) about a month ago and it wasn't very bright.

I bought another shirt last week (someone elses design that is white text on a black tee) and the white looked much better (you couldn't see through to the shirt).

I think they are definitely improving on their printing process on the black tees.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
None. Direct to Garment printing, as jdr said.

Currently, I'm not that impressed with the technique, but I expect it will be superb in a couple of years.

·
Registered
417 Posts
They are using what's called (DTG) "Direct To Garment Printing". Basically they are "printing directly onto the t-shirt".

The Printing on "Black Shirts" is a work in progress meaning it's not perfect. Which is why the other poster mention the white from one shirt to another varied as far as brightness.

The in-consistency is due to the fact the shirt much be pretreated before white ink can be printed on the shirt. The method for pre-treating shirts needs to be perfected more. Hopefully, within a year or 2 the ability to print "white ink" on a dark shirt "without human intervention" should be possible and thus improve quality of "Black Shirts" using the DTG method.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.