T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on some license plates and keep getting these black specks in the white space. I've tried every quality setting, on plain paper/normal I get no specs but get lines through everything else. All other qualities I get great everything else but specks in the white space. Can anyone help? I have perfect nozzle check, cleaned heads anyway and did head alignment.

Attachments

· Registered
1,568 Posts
Are the specks visible on the printout before pressing (use a high power magnifier)? If so, double check your image in your graphics software for stray pixels, especially if the image is bitmap and not vector.

Are you working in a dusty environment, or does the substrate have any dust lying on its surface?

Are you using decent inks and paper? Or maybe you're getting overspray from your print head.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The spots are visible before pressing, the picture I included was of the paper. I'm using TexPrint XP paper and tried another as well, and sublijet ink. The first 2 prints were fine then the next 6 tries all had the spots. Definitely looks like overspray. There were no stray pixels, very simple 3 layer design with black background and some red and white text.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.