T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
why are you printing black... can you just use the black color of the shirt as part of the design(where the black color should be)?

·
Registered
65 Posts
the only time I actually print black if the shirt is black is on some simulated process shirts where I need subtle shadows or a more bold glossy black look. Some times when I have multiple colors with It's easier to just print the black instead of guessing as to how much black will show through on some element of my halftone underbase. If its a spot color file I always use the shirt as the black In fact most shops I ever worked at never even based the black on any shirt colors.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If I were printing black on a black shirt would I need a underbase?
With black tones in artwork, I drop out the black areas from the flash so there is no "underbase" for the black and the paint will blend into the shirt... that way, you can also choose not to use black paint at all.

If you are printing a fully black graphic image for some reason, an underbase will make the black paint more visible when printed on the shirt.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to be printing black ink on a black hoody to achive a background effect before laying down my other colors. Normally I would not do black on black for a customer. I was just curious if anyone had tried this before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts