T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used union ink Black light and/or glow in the dark ink?

They say on their site that the black light ink is transparent. Could you print over another color and still get the same effect?

How about adding color or mixing with other inks?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Has anyone used union ink Black light and/or glow in the dark ink?

They say on their site that the black light ink is transparent. Could you print over another color and still get the same effect?

How about adding color or mixing with other inks?
We do quite a bit of glow in the dark effects using Union Inks. (not sure if they're the same as Black light ink). To answer your questions:

1. It looks more like transluscent to me than transparent.
2. You lose the glowing effect once you print another color over it.
3. You may mix it with light-colored inks. You'd hardly notice the effect if you mix it with dark colors.
4. It should glow when introduced to black lights, although we've never tested it that way.

·
Registered
98 Posts
in my experience, glow in the dark ink is intended to be printed over white so that light reflects off the white and back though the phosphorescent pigment in the ink. I think glow in the dark ink is def more transparent than translucent. have always found that the whiter the base, the brighter the glow, and yes a black light will light it up more than anything I know of. Florescents will also be very brilliant under black light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts