any ideas to what is causing this would be gratefully recieved

regards,

mark

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my D1 is printing everything in red/pink/orange or black with no other colour

we've checked the printheads, & distilled water pushed through with ease with a nice steady spray so there not blocked, all the dampers are clear/unblocked on the cmyk head,

what im getting it to print is poor quality and in either of the mentioned colours. the red picture you see below should be black, not red

the one with the tiger should be bright amber in the back ground. also as you can see the picture quality is awfull

we think we are getting a decent nozzle check as every colour is showing well. however it is hard to say as were not sure what a decent nozzle check should look like(if somebody could post me a photo of what a nozzle check from the HM1 should look like it would be greatly appreciated as it looks entirely different from the kiosk 2 i previously owned)

is this a software problem or do i need to order parts that could be causing this problem?

thank you very much for your help

mark

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi Mark ,what you need to remember here is that the head is capable of more than the 4colours cmyk and if you send it the wrong colour info the print will come out allsorts of shades thats why you need the correct colour profiles written particularly for the specific ink brands ...ask your ink supplier to help you with them ;)

·
Registered
359 Posts
It may sound silly, but are the lines connected properly? We constantly perform preventative maintenance on our dtg printing systems, but we learned when tinkering with complicated mechanisms like these to take a quick picture of everything before disassembling. That way, if there's any confusion, you can compare. Fortunately, we all have high-resolution cameras on our phones these days.

Good luck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the info guys

i have managed to sort the problem by getting an XP laptop and installing print pro on that :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you try and run the print pro in compatibility mode XP on the windows 7 computer mate?
in all honesty mate i never. i know it can be done but had no idea how to set it up. im not the best with computers. im ok if i have somebody to show me, but if i have to work it out myself im knackered

i had trouble downloading the hasp drive on windows 7 aswell and after trying to sort this problem out for over a week i opted for the easy quick fix solution and just bought a cheap 2nd hand xp laptop

now im having a few teething problems with print pro and asked for help with this in the following thread http://www.t-shirtforums.com/dtg-brand/t191005.html#post1126172

1 - 7 of 7 Posts