T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm out of white ink and I'm broke right now so I was wondering if I can get away with printing just a black layer on "lighter" colored cotton shirts (Grey, yellow, pink etc)

I wouldn't need to spray the undercoat down if its just a black layer right?

·
Registered
558 Posts
We print black and other dark colors on ash, sport, and ice gray all the time without the white underbase.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Printing just CMYK onto lighter colored shirts should look just fine, depending on the color of the shirt you're printing.

Make sure that your white ink bottles aren't empty when you're printing. If you don't have any white ink to put in them, they should be filled with cleaning fluid.

-Alex

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am very new to screen printing, I am printing Black Lettering on a Light Blue JerZees 100% Heavy Weight Cotton. Do I need a white underbase? will i be ok with black ink on shirt?

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I am very new to screen printing, I am printing Black Lettering on a Light Blue JerZees 100% Heavy Weight Cotton. Do I need a white underbase? will i be ok with black ink on shirt?

Whether it's screen printing or direct to garment printing, if you are printing black ink on a light blue shirt you do not need a white underbase.

Harry
Equipment Zone

_

1 - 7 of 7 Posts