T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used Iron All for Darks (new shipment from NMP) and Inksupply inks. I did a shirt last night and after pressing, I noticed the black is very faded inconsistantly - faded in some places and not in others. Anyone have ideas what can be causing this?

I don't seem to have any issues with JPSS or plastisol transfers, so I think it may be the ink (I just switched to CIS system with Inksupply ink after using Durabrite for a while).

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Daniel

·
Registered
63 Posts
I tried Iron All for darks, but not the new one. I had the same problem with the old one with the black ink looking faded. I used Durabrite ink and had no problem with any of the other transfers I printed except the iron all for darks. I ordered and tried Jet Dark and I don't have any problems with the black ink at all. I know that was of no help to you for this problem lol, sorry. Did you order a large amount? Maybe you could try a different transfer for darks like I did and see if it makes a difference in how the black ink looks. I read somewhere Alpha Gold was suggested for darks too.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Sounds like the same problem that other have had with the IronAll for darks. There is a thread about a new batch coming out...was this supposed to be from the new batch.

Also, double check to make sure you pressure is correct and uniform. I've seen this a few times when I didn't make sure my pressure was uniform (seems and such in the way).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts