T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have encounter this problem (picture attached) the 2nd time on 2 separate brand shirt. I have an all black design heat press on my white t-shirt using JetProSoftStretch and after washing some black where transfered on to other part of the shirt. They were faint but visible.

The black I uses was CMYK 75,68,67,90 for maximum richness. The printer setting was set to the highest to eleminate lines from my old epson. I appreciate all the help I can get. I need to brace for some not so happy customer.

Thanks
Sam

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sounds like excessive ink transfer. I've had this happen before too. Try washing the t shirt with bleach, the excess may come out.
I print on regular photo or text/photo on my new Epson and get a very good print with a lot less ink. I understand about the bands though my old Epson banded on anything but best photo too.

Try a setting with less ink, especially for black and red print. Maybe a new printer is in order... I picked up a refurbished C-88+ and it's been worth every penny.

Hope you work things out with your customer.

Cathy

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's not the lower platen. The color only appears after washing.
What's annoying is it occurs randomly? So I have know idea if its too much ink or soaking while in the washer or humidity? Or cold spot? What is cold spot and how can you tell?

sam

1 - 6 of 6 Posts