T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thus is the life of a Graphic Artist. Trying to make a living with logos and advertising can net you a big fish once in a while. Otherwise, it's a whore's job, constantly pushing for clients who think larger than their wallets can handle.

I've always wanted to print my own shirts. So, I bought one of those Ryonet Econo 4 color press packages. Certainly not high tech, but good enough for now. After dumping even more money out for the power washer, heating unit, and assorted gadgets, I figured I'd better start making some bank in a hurry. $1000 is not pocket change to me.

Funny, I pimp myself all the time re: logo creation, character design, and ad design -- so-so response. I tell people I'm now printing shirts in my apartment -- unbelievable response. Better yet, unlike graphics where the cost of the service is not as easily definable to the client, shirt production can be itemized down to the ****ing ink. No more "Why does that cost so much?" Thank God!!!

Looking forward to making $$$$. I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
27,700 Posts
Hi Brandon, welcome to the T-Shirt Forums!

Sounds like you've got a nice combo going there. Graphics skills AND the equipment to produce the shirts.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hey Brandon I know what you mean being a designer myself. I've also gotten the same response from my shirts. It's a cool way to design what you want and get people to pay for it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's tough to start up -- spending money with nothing coming in can sometimes test the nerves. But whenever I heat transfer one of my designs on to a shirt, people seem to really like it.

I suppose now it's a matter of checking out the market to see what's out there, and tweak what you've got to get it in the door.

And, I've already got orders for client work... and I haven't even exposed my first screen.:eek:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Keep us updated on your progress and overall success!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts