T-Shirt Forums banner

Beware!

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  sben763 
#1 ·
I sold (posted) an Anajet for sale in the classified section on here. It was a factory refurbished unit and I had opened it. I posted it at a HUGE LOSS. Just wanted it gone! A member contacted me and I told him everything I could about it. Sent pics, refurb, no warranty. He paid with a AMERICAN EXPRESS and I shipped it to him mid March 2017. In June I got a notice from my card company saying he disputed charge. I sent all info about ad, our text messages, copy of delivery. This went on for several weeks. They charged it back to me and he hasn't returned my machine yet. He said in the charge back that he had contacted me. He has not tried. I haven't gotten a call, text, or email. So I figure he has had ample time to return my printer or pay! I called him and he hung up on me. Member is Reyna24. I am in need of advice to get my money or printer. Is there a claims court in Texas? Do I have to go there? Any ideas?

#2 ·
I would contact a lawyer. This is why most used equipment is paid in cash or certified bank check. American Express is notorious for only worrying about the card holder.
If you have everything you said then you should be able to get your money or your equipment (I would only accept the money at this point) using the courts. I would also consider contacting the local police where you are. The amount of money will decide how serious this is.

None of us are lawyers, all though I do eat lunch with mine twice a month.

Who is your credit card payment processor?
They should be fighting this for you.

#3 ·
Yes i thought they should have too. And actually my granddaughter is an attorney. We have discussed it and she contacted card company and American Express. You are right they only worry about the cardholder. I am going to try to find an attorney out there. I even contacted my insurance company because it should be theft. Thanks so much for your reply! Onward I go on my mission!

#5 ·
If you are not in Texas then you would have to go to superior court. Have you contacted Amex again? He should have to provide proof of the return.

#6 ·
Unfortunately contacting the police is not going to do anything. They will tell you it’s a civil matter. Court is your best option although still can be tough to get paid as it just gives you a judgement. Then you have to get them to pay the judgement.

I think you also have a case against American Express as the buyer should have proved return before the money was returned to them. Even PayPal will require proof of return. Visa and MasterCard also. One of my Visa won’t let you file a claim till you have proof of return. Ran into a issue where company wouldn’t issue RMA so tacking showed refused. I had to get a supervisor to get a claim rolling. Funny company issued a RMA the day the claim was sent to them.

What was the buyers claim? If you have proof they frauded you then you may have a case for 3X the recovery.

Reactions: into the T
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.