T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to print white text only on black/navy shirts with my Anajet mP5 and the white ink is pooling. I'm trying to find a good balance between a nice bright white print and not having the ink pool.

After printing one pass on fine/wide for example, the ink starts dripping down when I lift the shirt off the printer to put on the heat press. After I press, the ink has literally been squeezed and smears.

If I used a smaller drop size, etc. the ink does not pool, but the print is not bright/vibrant and solid enough. Does the type of pretreat affect this (image armor ultra used).

Can anyone let me know the best settings for white text/design on a dark garment?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
53 Posts
what ink are you using? if its the anajet ink with image armor pre treat you shouldn't have issue with a nice white print. If your using fire bird with image armor or fire bird with anajet pre treat your gonna run into issue. What i was told to do to get a nice white laydown is first heat press all your shirts than pre treat a good amount of pre treat than depending on what pre treat your using either fire bird they said to heat press right away, image armor you can either hang dry or heat press, and with anajet hang dry. I am having some issue with my white ink with firebird and trying different things. Also try turning off content base on your white settings that will use more white ink but shouldnt pool up on your t shirt. Let me know if this helps thanks and good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
What Brand of Shirts are you using also is this the NG2 Printer or is your print over 6 months old? what Ink brand do you use and the Rip version?
They just came out with AnaRIP version 4.0 that added Input Profiles one of them was White (mPower white output) also it now has enable white highlight. The Wide Dot range for White should only be used going on thinker garments. For only printing white ink If your design has gradient, you can always use the narrow 'print under-base only' and lower with the contrast based and hit it twice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts