T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i hope i have posted in the right forums..so on to my questions...what are the best and proven ways to get your name out there in the public eye..? best ways to get customers..? what type of advertising works best besides word of mouth...i have been screen printing for a long time.(always printing for someone else)..but now its time to spread my wings and fly..

·
Registered
332 Posts
I think one of the most effective ways is to really define who your target market is and then find out what they read online, where they go, etc and start showing up in those places. Bloggers in your target market are great because they can help you spread the word to thousands of people!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Are you looking to sell locally or online?

If it's locally, join your Chamber of Commerce. Network at every event you can attend. Always wear your own work and carry business cards. Check if your community has a street fair or business district sidewalk sale and try to be part of that. Get listed in local search engines.

If you want to sell online, figure out who your target market is and where they go online. Start a Twitter and a Facebook account. Join forums that your target audience frequents. Make yourself part of the online community, don't just be there to sell.

·
Registered
20 Posts
in my area, a college town, we have a weekly farmers market. thousands of people go so i plan to walk it and pass out fliers.

also we have a pretty large bar scene so i plan to make my rounds there at once a week dropping fliers on the tables and whatnot.

supply bands with free shirts

theres lots of fairly cheap ways to market. you just gotta be consistent. hope this got the gears movin.

·
Registered
9,770 Posts
in my area, ...we have a weekly farmers market. thousands of people go so i plan to walk it and pass out fliers.
we have one too and our store is in the location of the market. anyone passing out flyers are ejected unless they pay rent for a space. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
try adwords its good and it works but need to make sure keywords are selected correctly to target your market
Hey Susan,

I've been wondering about adwords. We have tried to be really selective with our key words, but still haven't seen much success. What type of return on investment do you expect out of your keywords? Do they pay for themselves?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.